Did you know that it only takes 30 minutes for hackers to penetrate an organization’s local network ?
Cyber threats don’t sleep. Ransomware attacks could happen at 2 AM and cybersecurity software is the first line of defense. In an era where cybercrimes are as rampant as street crimes, cybersecurity companies with cutting-edge solutions can be found everywhere. However, to truly stand out among the competition, a cybersecurity brand must have an equally dedicated support team behind them. It is critical to offer multi-level security solutions and multi-channel customer support to safeguard clients’ sensitive information completely.
What is cybersecurity and why is it important today more than ever?
Cybersecurity is the practice of defending digital assets such as computers, devices, electronic systems, networks, and data from malicious attacks, and unauthorized access .
For example, a massive computer system hacking in February 2021 made it to the global headlines. A cybercriminal managed to poison the water supply in Florida by increasing sodium hydroxide to a potentially dangerous level. The cybercriminal breached Oldsmar’s computer system and briefly increased the amount of sodium hydroxide from 100 parts per million to 11,100 parts per million .
This kind of major cyber attack could happen again—and no one is immune. Thus, in this digital age, cybersecurity is an essential element in every business. Without a cybersecurity program in place, an organization is at great risk of cyber attacks that can compromise its integrity and operations.
Today, technological advances fueled by remote and cloud-based work trends are pushing cybersecurity into the spotlight even further. Businesses migrating to the cloud and establishing digital presence means that risks become higher. With decentralized workforces, remote workers can potentially become the weakest link in a company’s network security. Simply put, they become easy prey for cybercriminals.
Let us take a look at some figures and statistics that will paint a better picture of the industry’s current state and the impact of cyber security attacks:
- Since the pandemic began, the FBI reported a 300% increase in cybercrimes.
- Based on the IBM Cyber Security Intelligence Index Report, 95% of all cyber breaches are caused by human error .
- The average cost of a data breach is $3.9 million, and it takes an organization around 200 days before attacks are identified.
- Around 90% of malware attacks cost $2.4 million on average .
- Ransomware attacks are growing more frequently by 350% annually, with the average cost at $133,000 .
Unfortunately, it does not stop there. According to Cybersecurity Ventures, damages caused by cybercrimes worldwide are now at $6 trillion annually in 2021 and are expected to hit $10.5 trillion by 2025. The cost includes damage and destruction of data, stolen money, lost productivity, theft of intellectual property and personal data, and reputation harm .
Cybersecurity companies are stepping up to the challenge.
While cybersecurity companies respond to the continuously growing need and criticality of their services, they have another important challenge. They must step up and evolve their services, and bring in next-level security to outsmart hackers while reaching out to many audiences in multiple industries.
A strong reach and diverse product portfolio may be formidable, but these alone are not enough. Another vital key to unlocking a cybersecurity solution’s full value is to truly stand out among its competition through customer service and support.
Having a trusted partner to take on the task is highly beneficial. As the partner focuses on the customer service and support aspect of a business, cybersecurity companies can now shift their full attention on improving the backbone of their core technology. It will allow them to efficiently scale and answer the growing needs of the market.
Why is Customer Support Essential for Cybersecurity Companies?
Customer support is a differentiator within any business. But in the cybersecurity industry,customer support is more than just a differentiator—it is the lifeline that customers rely on to safeguard their most sensitive data.
Having a robust customer service and support framework ensures that your top-of-the-line technologies and solutions reach the consumers in a timely, organized, and effective manner. Once achieved, all of this translates to continued customer loyalty, high satisfaction, and overall business success.
Here are some customer service and support factors that are crucial for the cybersecurity industry:
- Live support – Major security concerns often require live support to provide swift response and resolutions. It should be accessible via multiple channels such as phone, email, social media, or chat.
- Custom solutions – The needs of every company are different. Thus, services must be flexible and customizable to address the specific pain points of each customer.
- Sentiment and feedback analysis – As a dynamic industry, the needs of the customers of cybersecurity companies can change quickly and regularly. Gathering feedback and drawing actionable insights from available sources will enable a company to gauge how to improve and transform its products and services .
Securing Cybersecurity Companies’ Scaling through Superior Support
Having a reliable and dedicated support team that understands the nature of your business is necessary to successfully meet the growing demands and responsibilities of the sector at scale.
TaskUs is a valued partner of different technology companies and can build innovative solutions for the most complex products.